Special subject collections (partly funded by the DFG until 2010) among others:
KHI = Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence
ZI = Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte, Munich
DFK = Deutsches Forum für Kunstgeschichte / Centre allemand d’histoire de l’art, Paris
BHR = Bibliotheca Hertziana, Rome
- Art in Northern Italy (KHI)
- 19th, 20th and 21st century Italian art (KHI)
- Italian art history and civilization from late Antiquity to the 18th century (BHR)
- Italian art and architecture in a European context - chiefly from Rome and Southern Italy (BHR)
- French art (ZI)
- Art theory and history of the history of art (ZI)
- Iconography (ZI)
- Art of the Eastern and South-Eastern European countries (ZI)
- Art historical publications from the Eastern and South-Eastern European countries (ZI)
- History of German art, culture and art history (DFK)
- German scholarly publications on French art and architecture (DFK)
Searchable holdings (as of 12/2011): ca. 1,619,800 title records (print publications and other media), of which more than 800,000 d articles and reviews from print and online periodicals as as from collective publications, ca. 65,000 auction catalogues, more than 9,000 periodical records.
The network Florence-Munich-Paris-Rome cooperates with the Bibliotheksverbund Bayern (BVB).
The kubikat union catalogue www.kubikat.org provides access to the ZI Document delivery service, see http://www.zikg.eu/main/biblio/docdel_en.htm.